Joshua Robert Herron , Application of ALE contact to Composite Shell Finite Element model for Pneumatic Tires , The University of Toledo , May 2005.
 Yukio Nakajima, Analytical model of longitudinal tire tractionin snow, Journal of Terramechanics , vol.40 , 2003, pp.63–82.
 J.R. Cho, J.H. Choi, W.S. Yoo, G.J. Kim, J.S. Woob, Estimation of dry road braking distance considering frictional energy of patterned tires, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 42 , 2006, pp. 1248–1257.
 Yanhai Xu , Liping Jia , Jianwu Zhang, Modeling tire/road contact using piecewise Ritz procedure, Journal of Terra mechanics, vol. 42 , 2005, pp. 99–113.
 Xiangqiao Yan, Non-linear three-dimensional finite element modeling of radial tires, Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 58 , 2001, pp. 51–70.
 Ergin Tonuk, Y. Samim Unlusoy, prediction of automobile tire cornering force characteristics by finite element modeling and analysis, computers and structures, vol. 79 , 2001, pp. 1219-1232.
 K. Hofstetter, Ch. Grohs, J. Eberhardsteiner, H.A. Mang, Sliding behaviour of simplified tire tread patterns investigated by means of FEM, Computers and Structures, vol. 84 , 2006 , pp. 1151–1163.
 ABAQUS Technology Brief , An Integrated Approach for Transient Rolling of Tires ,TB-03-TRT-1.
 ABAQUS Version 6.6 documentation references:
• Analysis User’s Manual:
- “Defining reinforcement”, Section 2.2.3.
- “Steady-state transport analysis”, Section 6.4.1.
- “Symmetric model generation”, Section 7.8.1.
- “Hyperelastic behavior”, Section 10.5.1.
• Example Problems Manual:
- “Symmetric results transfer for a static tire analysis,” Section 3.1.1.
- “Steady-state rolling analysis of a tire”, Section 3.1.2.
- “Import of a steady-state rolling tire”, Section 3.1.6